Pacific and Polar Regions
- Te Puna Web Directory - New Zealand and Pacific Islands (National Library of New Zealand)
- Black Stump: Australiana - All things Australian
- Guide to Australia
- New Zealand on the Web
- New Zealand Stuff
- Directory of Polar and Cold Regions Organisations (Scott Polar Research Institute, SPRI)
- PolarWeb - Resources on the Arctic and Antarctic
- Science from the Poles - Read about climate change at the poles and see video of scientists constructing a telescope at the South Pole (Exploratorium)
- Arctic Deeply - News, covering climate, commerce, and politics
- Arctic Theme Page - Research by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Explore North - "Your gateway to the circumpolar north"
- Greenland Guide
- Big Dead Place - The inside scoop on what it's like to live and work in Antarctica
- Cool Antarctica - Scientific and travel information; pictures
- Gateway to Antarctica
- Secretariat of the Antarctic Treaty - Organization to implement the international agreement regarding the continent
- Antarctica New Zealand
- Australian Antarctic Division
- British Antarctic Survey
- U.S. Antarctic Resource Center - Maps, satellite images, etc. of Antarctica. Includes an online, interactive atlas.
- Arctic Centre Library, Rovaniemi, Finland
- Arctic Science and Technology Information System - A service of the Arctic Institute of North America, University of Calgary
- Cold Regions Bibliography Project
- Scott Polar Research Institute library and archives, Cambridge, England - Covers all subjects related to the Arctic, the Antarctic, and snow and ice elsewhere in the world
- Secretariat of the Antarctic Treaty documentation centre, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Polar Libraries Colloquy - Association for libraries and individuals interested in polar research
Antarctic Research Efforts
Various nations conduct research in Antarctica. These Web sites provide updates and other information.
Libraries and Bibliographies on the Polar Regions:
Even if you can't visit these libraries in person, their online catalogs can be useful for research.